Advanced Pressure Diagnostics
TheAdvanced Pressure Diagnosticcourse offers both in-classanalysis and deeper hands-on training.We’ll cover the building science behind pressure and airflow, delve into advanced measurementtechniques, and solve some complicated scenarios. Our focus will be on both choosing the correcttechniques and accurately executing them. Bythe end of this class, you should be comfortable workingthrough the most difficult pressure and airflow problems.
- Perform airflow measurement techniques that include flow hood, blower door, duct blower,pitot tube, hot wire anemometer,and flow plate.
- Understand which method is best for particular scenarios.
- Troubleshoot and verify “odd” readings on your equipment.
- Thoroughly understand combustion safety for pressure diagnostics.
- Analyze the cause and effectof changes such as air sealingand furnace change-outs
Grading Criteria and Passing Score
The final exam is a written test and each student must pass with an 70% score or higher. Students thatdo not pass will be allowed to retake the exam in accordance with the Montana Weatherization TrainingCenter retesting policy.
Organization of Course
This is a lecture-labcourse. Lecture topics are presented in the classroom setting followed by hands-onpractice in the lab. This class is most suitable for students with strong field experience.Studentparticipation in both in class discussions and labs is vital to success in this course.
- Weatherization Professionals
- Professional Contractors
- HVAC Professionals
- $575 to the public
- Free for associates of the MontanaWeatherization Workforce/Montana WeatherizationAssistance Program (MT WAP)